BMK SPOTLIGHT – On October 31, 2017, BMK partner Richard S. Schkolnick is presenting a Webinar for the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education (NJICLE) entitled ‘Zoning Due Diligence for Lenders and Joint Venture Partners: Practice and Pitfalls’. The Webinar is presented in cooperation with the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Land Use Section, and Mr. Schkolnick will be joined by presenters Steven J. Tripp of Wilentz, Goldman and Spitzer, PA, and Barbara A. Casey of Ballard Spahr, LLP.
Mr. Schkolnick and his co-presenters will explore the factors that go into the process of zoning due diligence, including:
- The types of information that constitute ‘due diligence’;
- Obtaining information from the developer, the developer’s team and the municipality;
- The obligations of a borrower’s or developer’s counsel to document the approvals and permits;
- All of the assurances that may be needed by a lender or financing partner, such as approvals, satisfaction of conditions, and the issuance of building permits;
- The availability and applicability of Land Use Opinions;
- The significance of a final non-appealable approval; and
- The continued validity of approvals and permits.
For more information, and to sign up for the Webinar, please visit the NJICLE’s website.
Mr. Schkolnick is a Land Use and Zoning attorney with extensive experience providing solutions to property owners in complex land use and zoning matters and related litigation. This year marked Mr. Schkolnick’s sixth consecutive year on the New Jersey Super Lawyers list recognizing his work in Land Use and Zoning law.
For more information on the full range of services that BMK can provide for you, take a look at our areas of practice, or feel free to contact us at (973) 376-0909.