Areas of Practice
- State University of New York at Buffalo School of Law, J.D.
- Senior Editor, Law Review
- State University of New York at Albany, B.A., magna cum laude
Bar and Court Admissions
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
KENNETH L. MOSKOWITZ
Co-Founder and Partner
Kenneth Moskowitz is a founding member of Brown, Moskowitz & Kallen and is a litigator with extensive experience in a broad range of civil and criminal matters. He represents clients in a wide range of business, construction, trusts and estates, employment and insurance coverage litigation matters.
Before joining BMK, Ken served as a Senior Assistant District Attorney in the Office of the Rockland County District Attorney. In that capacity, he prosecuted white-collar criminal and consumer fraud cases, and went on to serve as the County’s chief narcotics prosecutor.
Between 1989 and 1997, Ken practiced at Sills Cummis, one of New Jersey’s premier law firms. While there, he handled diverse civil and criminal matters, ranging from complex corporate and commercial disputes to internal corporate investigations. Between 1997 and 1999, Ken served as Vice President and Deputy General Counsel for a publicly traded government contractor. He represented the company in varied contract and construction litigation, administrative and regulatory matters throughout the country, and he was also responsible for various aspects of project development.
- Kenneth Moskowitz was honored with Martindale-Hubbell®’s highest rating, “AV Preeminent®.” A description of the methodology and other information about Martindale-Hubbell® can be found at http://www.martindale.com/Products_and_Services/Peer_Review/Methodology.aspx. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Member, Sobel & Co.’s Fraud and Forensics Practice Editorial Advisory Board.
- “Conducting Internal Corporate Investigations,” New Jersey Law Journal In-House Counsel Seminar (June 2013)
- “Claims by Government Contractors, presented to Small Business Symposium,” Picatinny Arsenal (May 2012)
- “Prevention and Resolution of Construction Disputes,” Guest Lecturer, Columbia University School of Engineering (2012-2015)
- Represented national engineering firm in litigation against a competitor with respect to claims of conversion of proprietary information, theft of computer data and trade secrets, tortious interference and unfair competition.
- Represented international provider of logistical and warehousing services in claim for insurance coverage with respect to third-party property damages caused by a subcontractor.
- Represented numerous clients in “corporate divorce” matters in diverse industries, including IT consulting and temporary placement, marine petroleum testing, the dairy industry and the ownership and operation of a golf club.
- Represented global provider of information service and technologies to the shipping industry with respect to a variety of commercial disputes.
- Represented provider of IT consulting services and restaurateur in connection with claims of employment discrimination.
- Represented an international real estate brokerage firm in connection with a wide variety of disputes involving both brokers and third parties.
- Represented clients in trusts and estate litigation including an action to compel the probate of an unsigned will and an action contesting the probate of a will on the basis of claims of incapacity and undue influence.
- Represented real estate developers in diverse matters including actions to compel the sale of commercial property, foreclosure and breach of development agreements.
- Represented both employers and employees in actions to enforce restrictive employment covenants.