KEITH E. MARLOWE
Keith Marlowe is an experienced commercial attorney whose practice is focused on structuring and negotiating commercial real estate transactions. Transactions include acquisitions, dispositions, leasing (representing both landlords and tenants involving all asset types), financings (public and private), debt restructurings/workouts and development. Representative clients include entrepreneurs and businesses ranging from start-ups to large commercial enterprises.
Keith previously served as the Vice President and General Counsel of a publicly traded developer, owner and operator of senior living facilities. Keith began his career as a tax attorney in the New York office of Reid & Priest, a predecessor of Thelen Reid Brown Raysman & Steiner LLP.
- Represented the purchaser in the acquisition and financing of a manufacturing pharmaceutical facility from a “Big Pharma” corporation.
- Represented the purchaser in the acquisition and aggregation of three commercial lots in Jersey City, NJ.
- Represented the purchaser in structuring, financing and acquiring a state of the art automotive showroom and repair facility out of the Chrysler Corporation bankruptcy.
- Represented the purchaser in the structuring, financing and acquisition of an approximately 180,000 square foot shopping center.
- Represented the purchaser in the acquisition of an approximately 50,000 square foot facility containing office and warehouse space.
- As co-counsel with bankruptcy counsel, represented owner of a shopping mall containing approximately 250,000 square feet of leasable space in its sale of a 50% interest to a national REIT, negotiated and settled numerous outstanding disputes relating to satellite properties owned by the client, represented client in the sale of other properties, documented several forbearance agreements with lenders on behalf of client and developed a corporate restructuring plan for the client in connection with the retained properties.
- Represented the seller in the sale of medical office condominiums.
- Represented the seller in the sale of a 600-acre landfill and the related improvements.
- Represents landlord/developer in the negotiation and preparation of leases for a community shopping center containing approximately 175,000 square feet of leasable space.
- Represented landlord/developer in the negotiation and preparation of a lease for an approximately 12,000 square foot building to an operator of a nationally-known childcare and learning facility.
- Represented tenant in the negotiation of an approximately 7000 square foot office lease.
- Represented the lender in the financing of the acquisition of two shopping centers totaling approximately 250,000 square feet of leasable space.
- Co-author, “When Money and Time Run Short Risks to Weigh before Filing Chapter 11” in the September 2012 issue of the Journal of Corporate Renewal