KEITH E. MARLOWE
Keith Marlowe is an experienced commercial attorney whose practice is focused on structuring and negotiating commercial real estate transactions. Transactions include acquisitions, dispositions, leasing (representing both landlords and tenants involving all asset types), financings (public and private), debt restructurings/workouts and development. Representative clients include entrepreneurs and businesses ranging from start-ups to large commercial enterprises.
Keith previously served as the Vice President and General Counsel of a publicly traded developer, owner and operator of senior living facilities. Keith began his career as a tax attorney in the New York office of Reid & Priest, a predecessor of Thelen Reid Brown Raysman & Steiner LLP.
- Represented the purchaser in the acquisition and financing of a manufacturing facility from a “Big Pharma” corporation.
- Represented owner in acquisition, financing and development of an approximately 125,000-square-foot warehouse and corporate headquarters.
- Represented owner/operator in the acquisition and financing of a medical office building.
- Represented the purchaser in structuring, financing and acquiring a state-of-the-art automotive showroom and repair facility.
- Represented the purchaser in the structuring, financing and acquisition of an approximately 180,000-square-foot shopping center.
- Represented the purchaser in the acquisition of an approximately 50,000- square-foot office and warehouse facility.
- As co-counsel with bankruptcy counsel, represented owner of a shopping mall containing approximately 250,000 square feet of leasable space in its sale of a 50% interest to a national REIT. Negotiated and settled numerous outstanding disputes relating to satellite properties owned by the client, represented client in the sale of other properties, documented several forbearance agreements with lenders on behalf of client, and developed a corporate restructuring plan for the client in connection with the retained properties.
- Represented the seller in the sale of a five-property multifamily portfolio containing 223 units.
- Represented seller in the sale of an approximately 100,000-square-foot office building.
- Represented seller in the sale of an approximately 140,000-square-foot warehouse/office facility.
- Represented the seller in the sale of a 600-acre landfill and the related improvements.
- Represented landlord/developer in the negotiation and preparation of leases for a community shopping center with approximately 175,000 square feet of leasable space.
- Represented landlord in the negotiation of a commercial lease with a national spa chain.
- Represented tenant in the leasing of an approximately 300,000-square- foot warehouse and build-out of corporate headquarters.
- Represented tenant in the lease of an approximately 5,000-square-foot plumbing supply showroom and store.
- Represented engineering firm in the lease of an approximately 30,000- square-foot office lease.
- Represented law firm tenant in the negotiation of an approximately 19,000-square-foot office lease.
- Represented insurance company in the negotiation of an approximately 6,000-square-foot office lease.
- Represented manufacturer in the negotiation of combined manufacturing and warehouse facility lease.
- Represented the lender financing the acquisition of two shopping centers totaling approximately 250,000 square feet of leasable space.
- Represented Owner/developer in the negotiation of an approximately $5-million construction financing for an office building.
- Co-author, “When Money and Time Run Short Risks to Weigh before Filing Chapter 11” in the September 2012 issue of the Journal of Corporate Renewal