NATHAN E. ARNELL
Nate Arnell concentrates his practice in matters relating to estate planning and administration of estates and trusts, including estate litigation, and provides expert advice and expert witness support in tax, probate and trust-related litigation. He also focuses on tax, philanthropic and business planning for entrepreneurs, professionals and closely-held businesses. Nate was formerly a member of Sills Cummis.
Nate has co-authored numerous articles and lectured on topics related to his practice areas.
- Nathan Arnell was selected by the New Jersey Super Lawyers each year from 2006-present day. The Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology and other information about Super Lawyers can be found at www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process_detail.html. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Nathan was also honored with Martindale-Hubbell®’s highest rating, “AV Preeminent®.” A description of the methodology and other information about Martindale-Hubbell® can be found at http://www.martindale.com/Products_and_Services/Peer_Review/Methodology.aspx. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Fidelity Charitable Webinar entitled “Practice Management and Family Philanthropy: Four Ways to Reach the Next Generation” (June 2014)
- New York State Bar Association CLE Seminar entitled “Trust Planning and Taxation” – topic: “Trust Drafting” (June 2002)
- Fellow, The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association, Real Property, Trust and Estate and Tax Law Sections
- Member, New York State Bar Association, Trust and Estate Law Section
- Member, American Bar Association, Real Property, Probate and Trust and Tax Law Sections
- Member, Association of the Bar of the City of New York (Estate and Gift Taxation Committee, 2001-2004)
- Member, Estate Planning Council of New York City
- Waiving Waivers: Reforming N.J.’s Inheritance and Estate Tax Scheme, New Jersey Law Journal, co-author with Jay A. Soled and George A. Fiszer (December 2013)
- Quiet Trusts: When Mum’s the Word to Trust Beneficiaries, Estate Planning, co-author with Jay A. Soled, George A. Fiszer, Dena L. Wolf, Mary B. Goldhirsch and Richard H. Greenberg (July 2013)
- Durable Powers of Attorney, The ABA Practical Guide to Estate Planning, co-author with Norman M. Arnell of chapter in treatise (August 2011)
- Tax Treatment of Retirement Plan Distributions Paid to an Estate, Tax Management Estates, Gifts & Trusts Journal, co-author with Jay A. Soled, George A. Fiszer, Dena L. Wolf and Anthony Pochesci (March 2010)
- Income Tax Implications of Putting Title to a Personal Residence into a Trust, Journal of Taxation, co-author with Jay A. Soled, George A. Fiszer and Leonard Goodman (January 2008)
- Curtailing a Child’s Access to Custodial Accounts to Avoid a 21-Year-Old Millionaire, Journal of Taxation, co-author with Jay A. Soled, George A. Fiszer and Dena L. Wolf (August 2000)