Kristina R. Brown
Kristina Brown is a seasoned corporate/transactional attorney with more than 20 years of experience representing business entities in diverse markets. As a result of working with small and mid-sized companies to multi-billion-dollar corporations, Kristina understands the broad range of issues pertinent to business owners, executives and directors.
She served as General Counsel to and Vice President of Human Resources for a publicly held semiconductor solutions provider. There she led the sale of that company to a global leader in the optoelectronic components, lasers and engineered materials market, becoming corporate counsel of the acquiring company. In these roles, Kristina developed a keen understanding of the needs of corporate clients from the inside. She brings this insight to her private practice, efficiently and cost-effectively providing legal solutions to her clients — always sensitive to the critical balance between legal and business risks and results.
Kristina’s expertise ranges from negotiating merger, acquisition and disposition transactions to advising on diverse corporate and commercial transactions, including customer and vendor agreements, distribution and licensing agreements and credit facilities. She is highly skilled in the areas of corporate formation, corporate governance, acting as corporate secretary and serving as a trusted advisor to owners, senior executives and board members. She is attuned not only to general corporate issues, but also employment, export compliance and trade regulation, privacy, commercial leasing, business litigation, reductions in force, EUGDPR, and executive and stock compensation.
She has worked on complex multi-national transactions, acted as outside general counsel to small businesses, organized myriad corporations and limited liability companies, led financing transactions for technology, consumer goods, specialty products, insurance billing companies, as well as medical practices.
- Represented public technology company in the sale of a significant division, including its substantial intellectual property assets, negotiating an asset purchase agreement with complex earn-out provisions.
- Led representation of acquired public semiconductor company in the context of a multiple bidder sale through a negotiated agreement and plan of merger.
- Represented manufacturer in high stakes customer agreement negotiating complex confidentiality provisions and subsequently developing and conducting a corporate-wide confidentiality compliance program.
- Represented public borrower in credit facility transaction with major banking institution.
- Represented hospitals, healthcare facilities, state and county authorities and agencies, as well as, banks and lending institutions in public finance transactions.
- Co-founded and managed construction management consulting firm representing owners of construction projects throughout all phases of construction.
- Responsible for SEC compliance and public disclosure of reverse mergers, traditional mergers and acquisitions, on-going and annual compliance, initial and secondary public offerings for public companies.
- Devised business ethics and code of conduct, export control, and EUGDPR compliance policies and conducted corporate-wide education programs on such policies.
- Negotiated executive employment agreements, oversaw administration of stock compensation plans, acted as 401(k) fiduciary, and led reductions-in-force.