Areas of Practice
- New York Law School, J.D., 1980
- Boston University, B.A., cum laude, 1977
Bar and Court Admissions
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
DANIEL M. STOLZ
Daniel Stolz is a nationally prominent bankruptcy lawyer. He has been involved in a multitude of large Chapter 11 cases throughout the country. He is a frequent speaker on a wide array of bankruptcy topics and has written numerous articles on bankruptcy issues.
Throughout his career, Dan has handled many large and complex bankruptcy cases. He has led the representation of MacGregor Sporting Goods, NVE, Inc. (Manufacturer of Stacker II products), Laila Rowe Stores, Lana Lobell Farms, Closter Shopping Plaza, The Newark Watershed, Dionne Warwick and numerous other significant Chapter 11 debtors.
He represented the Newspaper Guild in the United Press International Case and the Trustee in the Birdsall Services Group Case. Dan led the representation of the Unsecured Creditors’ Committee in the Bennett Funding Group Chapter 11 case, which, at the time, was the largest Ponzi scheme in American history.
He has been frequently quoted in many national publications, including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes Magazine, The Star Ledger and the Bergen Record. Dan has appeared on Bill Kurtis’s investigative reports program on the A&E Network.
- Bankruptcy Law Section of the New Jersey Bar Association, past chair, current communications director
- Bankruptcy Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association, former editor of journal and coordinator of educational programs through the New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education
- Bankruptcy Bench Bar Conference, Bankruptcy Bench and Bar in New Jersey
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- The American Bar Association
- The Commercial Law League of American
- The New Jersey Bar Association
- The Essex County Bar Association
- The Turnaround Management Association
- Listed in the Best Lawyers of America
- Selected by New Jersey Super Lawyers. The Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology and other information about Super Lawyers can be found at www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process_detail.html Not aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Honored with Martindale-Hubbell®’s highest rating, “AV Preeminent®.” A description of the methodology and other information about Martindale-Hubbell® can be found at http://www.martindale.com/Products_and_Services/Peer_Review/Methodology.aspx. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.