Areas of Practice
- Seton Hall Law, J.D., 2008
- 2006 James P. Kenny Grant, Morris County Bar Foundation; Symposium Editor, Journal of Sports and Entertainment Law; Legal Intern, Immigration and Human Rights Clinic, Center for Social Justice
- The George Washington University, B.A., cum laude, 2001
Bar and Court Admissions
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
SARA A. KIMBALL
Sara A. Kimball is a business savvy attorney with experience in a broad range of commercial transactions and general corporate matters, including entity formation, corporate governance, commercial contract negotiation and drafting, asset and equity dispositions, and franchise matters.
Sara’s diverse background includes positions in the corporate legal department of a rapidly expanding global pharmaceutical company, at a large regional law firm, and in a boutique law firm concentrating in the representation of franchisees and automotive dealers. In addition, Sara’s years of litigating business disputes and commercial matters both in Federal and State courts, including extensive appellate practice, adds a unique perspective to her corporate practice. During law school, Sara served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Garrett E. Brown, Jr., Chief Judge, United States District Court for the District of New Jersey.
In serving her clients, Sara also draws upon her pre-legal career experience as a results-driven marketing and communications executive. In that capacity, she managed high-profile public relations campaigns and product launches in the healthcare, pharmaceutical and financial industries, including overseeing the regulatory and promotional review process of her clients’ marketing materials.
- Represented a fitness center in winding down its operations, including marketing the sale of its assets, negotiating an assignment of its commercial lease, and negotiating buy-back agreements relative to the fitness center’s equipment;
- Represented a purchaser in connection with the acquisition of a new franchise point and commercial real estate, including arranging third-party financing for the transactions;
- Oversaw a corporate contract reorganization project, including the implementation of a contract management system for sales and marketing documents, outsourcing certain functions, vendor procurement, and the preparation of business development agreement and master service agreements, licensing, and supply/distribution agreements;
- Represented a motor vehicle franchisee in renewal of its franchise agreement with a major international manufacturer;
- Represented motor vehicle franchisees in national arbitration proceedings ordered by Congress after Chrysler and General Motors Co. terminated thousands of dealers as part of post-bankruptcy reorganization plans; and
- Represented a majority shareholder in an extensive “corporate divorce” involving a family-owned plastics company, negotiating and documenting a settlement resulting in the acquisition of the equity of the adverse party.
Member and College Fair Representative, GW Alumni Admissions Program
Prior Publicity Chair, Relay For Life of Madison & Florham Park
Volunteer, Mount Pleasant Animal Shelter
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Morris County Bar Association
- Volunteer Attorney, The Battered Women’s Legal Advocacy Project (BWLAP)
- Volunteer Attorney, The Women’s Center at the County College of Morris
- A Family Affair: Extending The Right Of Publicity To Protect Celebrity Children, 18 Seton Hall J. Sports & Ent. L. (2008)