JEANNE M. RAFFIANI
Jeanne is a seasoned attorney with extensive legal and hands-on business experience in varied business environments from startup to publicly traded companies. She is a decisive and efficient problem solver, working most effectively in a collaborative environment with her clients.
Jeanne has a unique and comprehensive understanding of all issues facing businesses with a focus on commercial, finance and transactional matters. She has conducted numerous successful mergers and acquisitions, from due diligence through closing, domestically and internationally. She is proficient in negotiating and drafting a wide-variety of commercial agreements, including asset based and revolving credit facilities and capital markets (swaps), distribution agreements, commercial and retail leases, vendor agreements, stock and asset purchase agreements, real estate transfers and mortgages, franchise and licensing agreements, non-disclosure agreements and OEM agreements. In addition, she has handled matters ranging from corporate formation and organization to capitalization, maintenance, operating and shareholder agreements, put/call agreements, and the negotiation and preparation of joint venture agreements.
Jeanne has served as a General Counsel and Associate General Counsel in an eclectic mix of industries including technology, real estate, hospitality and distribution. She has worked directly with C-suite officers on a daily basis providing practical and positive legal advice and counseling.
- Represented shareholders in sale of a majority stake in an international value-added technology distribution company to a publically traded purchaser, participating in negotiation of broker agreement, due diligence, stock purchase agreement and shareholders’ agreement.
- Represented a large real estate company in multiple transactions involving the purchase, sale and financing of commercial and multi-unit residential properties in New Jersey, New York and Florida.
- Represented borrowers in structuring and negotiating a flexible credit facility to address the client’s variable financing needs, with revolving, term and acquisition loan provisions.
- Represented a real estate developer in the negotiation of a joint venture and construction loan financing for development of a mixed use residential and retail property.
- Represented an airport concessionaire in all aspects a multiunit establishment including negotiating the airport authority lease, franchise agreements, financing, labor harmony and joint venture agreements.
- Member, New Jersey Women Lawyers Association
- Volunteer Attorney, Pro Bono Partnership
- Board Member, Raffiani Family Charitable Foundation